6 Thoughts About Your Practice
Someone had asked a question about how do you approach playing the Gongs/Bowls/Bells, especially for others. I came up with these basic thoughts:
- Always leave your ego at the door.
- Listen to your sounds more than anything else. They will always tell you what you need to know.
- Listen to/feel out the people you play for as they will tell you what they need.
- Explore your instruments and learn how to make good sounds.
- Study, read, listen, learn, repeat. It's a lifelong process and you will never know it all, but keep learning and improving.
- Stay humble.
Chop Wood / Carry Water / Play Gongs™