Every Step of the Way

This has been a long journey. My personal history with the Gong started over 40 years ago. This blog has been around for over 3 years/129 posts now. I haven't gotten this far without commitment every step of the way. Even when I'm tired, angry, frustrated, or any of a thousand seeming emotions, I can always come back to the sound. 

It is my life. 
It is my refuge.

I'm not as young as I was all those years ago, and carrying around all these instruments and stands is not as easy as it once was. 

I complain.
I Swear.
I wonder why I'm still doing this.

Atlas Shrugged

But it all becomes clear when I pick up the mallets and start bringing forth the sounds: “This is why I continue to do this.” Who wouldn't want to do this? 

It's magic. 
It's amazing. 
It gives so much back for the effort I put into it.

I have learned patience. I have learned devotion. I have developed a deep spiritual practice. And it's all connected to the sounds. It's well over 40 years now and I'm still with it every step of the way. 

Where will you be after 10, 20, 40 years?

~ MB


Chop Wood / Carry Water / Play Gongs™ 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

528Hz, 432Hz, and Other Fallacies

Cracking/Breaking Gongs

What's The Best Gong To Buy?