Gong Summit Day -1

I played a Gong Session last night in Woodstock, Il, got home late, then got up at 4am to catch a flight out here with my wife. I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep.

Today was the day before the actual Gong Summit and things are already happening. Some presenters and people, like myself, have arrived early. The afternoon was spent unloading trucks full of Gongs and stands, carting them in, and setting things up. This will definitely be the place to try out and hear a lot of different Gongs.

Massive new Bowls from Grotto Sonora


A huge, and I mean huge Gong from Shawn Aceto

Lots of Chinese Gongs of all types and sizes

A wall of Shawn Aceto creations

The Summit doesn't officially start until 3pm tomorrow, but there were already many lively discussions happening around the building. It's truly a meeting of the minds.

As for myself, I've enjoyed meeting people in person that I've known online only, and look forward to meeting many more. 

I'll post more tomorrow.

~ MB

Chop Wood / Carry Water / Play Gongs™



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

528Hz, 432Hz, and Other Fallacies

Cracking/Breaking Gongs

What's The Best Gong To Buy?