The End Is Only A Beginning
Regular readers will have certainly noticed that my 3 blogs, Percussion Deconstruction, The Way Of The Gong™, and Art As A Spiritual Practice have been pretty much idle for the past 2 years. Part of this is the continued lockdown/Covid situation. At first I thought that having all my gigs canceled would give me more time to write these blogs. But while I had the time, my focus took a sharp turn into new territory:
- I started studying various things that I always wanted to study. I've read more books in the past 2 years than I have in a while, and I'm a rather consistent reader.
- I started writing various books (one which should drop this spring of 2022). These are books that have been bouncing around in my brain for quite a while, but I never had the unencumbered length of time to really organize them into proper books.
- I also had a lot of music inside that needed to get out. So I upgraded my recording studio and got busy learning all of that.
- I'm working on a possible Podcast. I've been a writer interviewing artists for nearly 40 years. Besides, I know a lot of very interesting people with fascinating stories and ideas. So why not?
- YouTube™is a big reason I've changed my focus. I've had a YouTube™ channel since about 2005 where I've put up a lot of instructional and performance videos. But I've really gotten into making videos these past 2 years and have put a lot of energy into that.