The End Is Only A Beginning

 Regular readers will have certainly noticed that my 3 blogs, Percussion Deconstruction, The Way Of The Gong™, and Art As A Spiritual Practice have been pretty much idle for the past 2 years. Part of this is the continued lockdown/Covid situation. At first I thought that having all my gigs canceled would give me more time to write these blogs. But while I had the time, my focus took a sharp turn into new territory:

  1. I started studying various things that I always wanted to study. I've read more books in the past 2 years than I have in a while, and I'm a rather consistent reader. 
  2. I started writing various books (one which should drop this spring of 2022). These are books that have been bouncing around in my brain for quite a while, but I never had the unencumbered length of time to really organize them into proper books. 
  3. I also had a lot of music inside that needed to get out. So I upgraded my recording studio and got busy learning all of that.
  4. I'm working on a possible Podcast. I've been a writer interviewing artists for nearly 40 years. Besides, I know a lot of very interesting people with fascinating stories and ideas. So why not?
  5. YouTube™is a big reason I've changed my focus. I've had a YouTube™ channel since about 2005 where I've put up a lot of instructional and performance videos. But I've really gotten into making videos these past 2 years and have put a lot of energy into that.



But the biggest reason for stopping these blogs is that in the past 15 or so years I've written and posted nearly 800 blog posts across 5 different blogs! That's a lot. And after that many, I found that I just  didn't have anything left to say. And the ideas I do have, I'd currently rather make a video about them.

So this is not the end, because I've been a writer all my life, I'll probably circle around back to these blogs eventually. But for now, I'll leave them up for everyone to access, and maybe post something here and there, when the mood & ideas hit. So thanks for visiting and supporting these blogs over the past 11 years. I'll see you down the road!

~ MB

Please check out my YouTube™ channel and my current ongoing series, It's Cuppa Time here.

My music can be found on my Bandcamp page here. Check out my pandemic project, The Sea We Swim In. I'd always wanted to do some sort of gamelan/percussion ensemble project and the lockdown gave me all the time I needed to put it together,

I'm back out there playing gigs and presenting workshops/masterclasses/ You can find my schedule here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

528Hz, 432Hz, and Other Fallacies

Cracking/Breaking Gongs

What's The Best Gong To Buy?