The 'Go Fund Me' Trend Of Begging For Money

This whole 'Go Fund Me' thing is really getting out of hand. I just saw a fundraiser for someone trying to raise $500 so they can buy a 'flight case' in order to fly with their Gong. WTF? I mean, really? This is ridiculous. 



Why not do like everyone else on the planet and save up your money to buy it?

In their 'Go Fund Me' campaign, they brand themselves as a Gong Master, and state that healing others is their mission. Yet they are begging for money to buy a gong case. What they want is a molded plastic Humes & Berg case. I just bought one of those a few months back. I'm not rich, but I paid for it out of my savings. I also bought an actual flight case years ago.


 My ATA approved Flight Case for a 32" Gong I paid for 15 years ago.

A Humes & Berg Molded Plastic Gong Case like I just bought.

There are currently 3 Gongs I'm looking at buying. I'm saving up my money over time to get them. I'm not begging the general public to fund my gear desires. 

Just so you know, I'm all for Kickstarter type campaigns where people help fund a new recording or a new product. In this case, you are basically pre-ordering the product you will receive. I've given to various recording campaigns that I was interested in. But I draw the line at people saying, “Please send me money so I can buy something I want.”

Get with it people. If you have to beg for money to buy gear, then you are doing something wrong. Maybe you should get a different job.

~ MB


Chop Wood / Carry Water / Play Gongs™



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

528Hz, 432Hz, and Other Fallacies

Cracking/Breaking Gongs

What's The Best Gong To Buy?